Sunday 7 June 2015

A larger planter, for my 29 gal this time

Planter on top of aquarium or hanging on the side of the tank is an addictive activity.  Here is one I am setting up on my 29 gallon tank.

I took a planter that I lined with a piece of PVC pond liner because the planter has a drain hole.  I laid over the liner a sheet of geotextile.  I cut a piece off the front portion of the planter.  The water will drain back in the tank slowly flowing against the geotextile that I cut longer.  Eventually, some moss could be established there.

Some of the plants: Pothos, Spathiphyllum (very small for now), Tradescantia zebrina, Papyrus (Egyptian?), Fittonia.



So this is what the planter looks like on the tank.  Now I just need to figure out how I want to setup the pump.

Part 2 - Turning it On

No comments:

Post a Comment